Financial Analyst / Accounting SpecialistDepartment: Finance
Shift: Full-time; days
Abilities & Skills Needed to be Successful:
- A strong desire to work with the elderly and the ability to establish effective relationships with residents, family members, staff and outside agencies;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to professionally manage interoffice relationships;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Comfortable with learning and using technology;
- Be meticulous with details and accuracy;
- Be self-directed, organized, adhere to deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Associate degree or above in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the billing department of a multi-level senior living organization (Continuing Care Retirement Community).
- Experience in reducing and managing accounts receivable for a healthcare entity.
- Experience working with an EHR system, Private Pay, Medicare Parts A & B, and Kansas Medicaid SNF billing.
- Experience using the Point Click Care (PCC) billing and accounting software system.
This position is two-fold. The primary purpose is to daily work closely with residents and their representatives, clinical staff, government payer and insurance company personnel. Essential responsibilities include AR billing and collections for Medicare, Kansas Medicaid, commercial insurance, private long-term care insurance and private (self) pay. Managing transitions between payer sources (i.e., Private Pay to Medicaid) is vital. It is a detail-intensive job that requires a high level of concentration. Secondarily, once the billing process is being managed satisfactorily, then account analyses, general ledger accounting, financial statements and other processes will be integrated into the workload.
- Apply outstanding customer service skills on a daily basis to meet with residents and their families to discuss their financial obligations, and handle inquiries.
- Process billing for private pay, Medicaid patient liability, Medicaid, Medicare Parts A & B, commercial health Insurance, private long-term care insurance claims, entrance fees and Medicaid spend down. Handle Medicare & Medicaid billing transmission.
- Receive customer payments, prepare bank deposits and post to residents' accounts.
- Compile statistics and prepare schedules and cost reports as requested by various government entities or for other outside audits and surveys.
- Prepare general ledger and account analyses.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and other monthly reports as requested.
- Health, dental, and vision plans available the first day of the month after employment
- Membership in onsite, direct-care physician’s clinic with health insurance plan
- Superior employee assistance program
- Company-paid life insurance plan
- 401(k) after one year
- Generous PTO plan
- Gym membership discount