Director of Environmental ServicesDepartment: Administrative
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience
- College degree in related field preferred.
- Five years of hands-on experience in industrial or plant maintenance.
- Three years of management and supervisory experience.
- Experience in computation, recordkeeping and data entry.
- Speak, read and write fluently in English.
- Basic knowledge of pertinent trades and crafts.
- Extensive knowledge of building systems such as plumbing, electrical, and HVAC.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify issues and determine repairs that are needed.
- Ability to plan maintenance schedules for building systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds and push, pull or move 100 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Be able to climb ladders and work in awkward and confined positions (kneeling, crawling, bending, reaching).
- Must have dexterous use of both hands.
- Be able to sustain prolonged periods of standing and walking.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for management of plant operations (maintenance), grounds, campus security and safety, and housekeeping/laundry operations. The supervisors of those departments report to this position. The EVS director must assist the supervisors with maintaining a stable and competent workforce and perform administrative duties in this effort.
This is a hands-on position which, when necessary, will require active participation in executing maintenance and repair tasks. The Director of EVS produces statistics and reports for the quality assurance committee and administrative and regulatory agencies, and develops corrective measures when required. This position serves as project director of approved renovations or expansions. As part of the Emergency Management Team, the Director of EVS must be able to respond outside of regular business hours to resolve issues which arise on the campus.
- Health, dental, and vision plans available the first day of the month after employment
- Membership in onsite, direct-care physician’s clinic with health insurance plan
- Superior employee assistance program
- Company-paid life insurance & disability plan
- 401(k) after one year
- Generous PTO plan
- Gym membership discount